Friday 14 October 2011

Video of The Book of Hebrews Preached as a Sermon (the only infallible sermon!)

The Book of Hebrews preached as a sermon from memory. You can see the original post here.

The only infallible sermon I’ve ever heard

This was quite amazing to be in the audience of. You get the full weight of Hebrews being a sermon when it’s preached like this. I also saw connections in the preaching of Hebrews that I’ve missed in the reading of it – probably because you just aren’t allowed to follow rabbit trails when you’re following it like this. More than anything, I walked away from this sermon feeling the weight and glory of Jesus Christ – the central point of Hebrews. Certainly it’s impressive and inspiring that my pastor memorized the whole book, but I walked away more aware of Jesus Christ than I was of Joel. I hope you have the time to give to watching this and are edified.

No comments:

Post a Comment