Monday 5 December 2011

Video: Bethlehemian Rhapsody

From the Tall Skinny Kiwi blog.

Christmas season is upon us. Yesterday I got my family in the Christmas mood by showing Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck 12 Days of Christmas Video which is almost as catchy as Christmas Time by The Darkness.
Today, I discovered Bethlehemian Rhapsody - a "parody written by Mark Bradford and directed by Darla Robinson". HT: WhyisMarko See the Lyrics at the bottom of this Post

And another version. Same thing only completely different. Think David and Goliath.


Lyrics for Muppetty Bethlehemian Rhapsody

Is this the real birth?
Is it nativity?
Caught in a census
in the town of his ancestry.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see.
He’s just a poor boy foretold by prophecy.
Because the wise men come, wise men go, angels high, shepherds low.
This is how God’s love shows.
It’s a wondrous story to me, to me.

Mary just got the word.
The angel did appear but he told her not to fear.
Mary now it’s just begun; your son is gonna wash our sins away.

Mary ooo (this is how God’s love shows) the God who reigns on high has sent his son to you to die for all.

I see a little silhouette-o of a sheep.
Shepherds watch, shepherds watch over there like the night time.
Angels shine like lightning very, very frightening me!
Glory to God, Peace on Earth, Glory to God, Peace on Earth!
Unto you is born this day, the only way!

I’m just a shepherd nobody loves me.
He’s just a shepherd from a poor family.
Angels said go to the stable and see.

Wise men come, wise men go, will Herod let him live?
Hey Herod – No! he will not him live – better go!
Hey Herod – he will not him live – better go!
Hey Herod – he will not him live!
Better go, will not let him live, better go, will not let him live!
Better go – oh – oh – oh
Go, go, go, go, go!

Oh, Mary Joseph, Mary Joseph!
Mary Joseph better go…to Egypt now
gotta save your son who came
for me, for me, for me!
[music interlude]

So you think that it’s just a tale now days long by?
But this child who was born went to Calvary to die!
Oh, Jesus!
It’s the story of Jesus!
Wash our sins out!
Wash our sins right out of here!
[music interlude]

Oooo, Jesus, Jesus
It’s a wondrous story, anyone can see.
Lets give God the glory!
It’s a wondrous story to me.
This is how God’s love shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment